Wednesday, April 16, 2014

I just wanna paint water colors! Joy and Pain...pump pump it up!!!

water color painting in Zion!!!
 It always seems like it will be this great peaceful time, to sit in the sun and paint some beautiful scenery, and then I am sitting there swearing at the changing shadows and how the paint looks all weak and I realize I am just not the kind of person who creates peacefully. It is an awful and frustrating act to look into the eyes of the world and know you may never really know whats going on in there. It is joyful, don't get me wrong. It is a good way to spend the afternoon while vacationing in some of the most beautiful country in the world but painting what you see is hard work. It is a chance to reassure yourself that no matter how hard you look you will never see it all and there is no way you will recreate all the amazingness you have been gifted with seeing in this life.  And then I spilled ink all over it anyway so who cares.




No comments:

Embodied cognition, Painting and Heartache.

This last year has brought me all kinds of opportunities for growth. At this ripe old age I would say that heartbreak ...