Friday, November 9, 2012

Nature photography, how to...

Photographing animals in their element is a thrilling hobby and a worthwhile pursuit. Challenge one is getting close enough to the subject without them disappearing into the underbrush. For that reason I prefer to shoot captive and or deceased wildlife.

Often the hardest thing is finding subjects that will stay still long enough to photograph them.

I just keep my eye out for "wildlife" that looks like it might stick around for a while. This feller looks like he's been sticking around for a few days.

That's how I get that peaceful look. SHHH!

I shot all of these with a handheld zoom-less camera phone. So i just get up there real close and irritate the hell out of the animal.

I don't know anything about this.

Trying to achieve natural lighting is especially hard when photographing in museum exhibits.


Good luck out there, keep clicking away!

No comments:

Embodied cognition, Painting and Heartache.

This last year has brought me all kinds of opportunities for growth. At this ripe old age I would say that heartbreak ...